Associate Membership is available to students in a healthcare field, or healthcare professionals completing coursework or supervised experience toward licensure.* Applicants must have completed a minimum of 20 hours training in an approved introductory course in hypnosis.** MSCH encourages all health care providers to join our membership regardless of their level of experience or comfort using clinical hypnosis.
Associate Membership is $70 for the 2021-2022 year.
If you are fully licensed, apply for Full Membership.
Associate Membership Benefits
- Discounted rates for local clinical hypnosis workshops
- Subscription to IMAGES, our quarterly newsletter
- Inclusion in MSCH member directory and regional referral list of qualified healthcare professionals who use hypnosis in their clinical practice
- Access to activities that provide structure, support, and encouragement for continued growth and development in a unique multidisciplinary environment
- Valuable resources for members who are committed to high quality care of individuals with various health problems
- Affiliation with an organization that promotes high professional standards while advocating appropriate use of clinical hypnosis
- Opportunity to work toward certification in clinical hypnosis
- Opportunity to work toward Approved Consultant status in clinical hypnosis
*Here is the specific criteria for an Associate Member:
An Associate Member shall be any person who is a graduate of a terminal degree program who is not yet licensed or registered to practice by the state agency or authority that governs professionals in the field of practice in the state in which the member is practicing OR is a graduate (post Bachelor’s level) student in any of the health care professions named in the full membership criteria; and who is actively working toward one of the degrees and in such areas of health care.
**Associate Membership requires attending an MSCH or ASCH approved 20 hour Fundamental skills hypnosis course. This course can be taken through MSCH right here in Minnesota in June. Details of the June workshop are under the ‘Education’ tab on this website. (www.msch.org) Scroll down to the ‘Annual MSCH Workshops in Clinical Hypnosis Intro and Advanced Workshops in Clinical Hypnosis.’ The Fundamentals course is offered every June in Minnesota.
Fundamentals training courses can also be found on the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis website, www.asch.net as well as at the National Pediatric Hypnosis Training Institute website, www.nphti.org